Got knee injury. Noticed swelling and feeling discomfort to walk. Any cure?

I injured my knee last Sunday when playing basketball. It didn t swell immediately and I was able to walk limping. The next day my knee start swelling but I still can walk with a little discomfort due to the swelling. It s been a week already and the swelling went down, but I still can t bend nor straightened my knee. I m a active person and I miss my daily running. How long does take for my knee to recover? Will I be able to do running again? Thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012