Glioblastma, watery eyes, cause?

My dad has been diagnosed with glioblastma. He is complaining of watery eyes. What is causing this?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
The glioblastoma is less likely to cause watery eyes than its treatment. Chemotherapeutic agents affect dividing cells including those that populate the cornea. With impaired cell turnover, the eye usually becomes irritated resulting in reactive tearing and watery eyes. Artificial tears several times daily can help these patients by providing lubrication to the ocular surface and reducing irritation..
Dear 503..., Thanx for askin the question. Glioblastoma multiforme is a disease of the neural connective tissue of the brain. It can cause headaches and reflex watering of the eyes due to irritation of the trigeminal nerve if affected in the vicinity of the 5th Nerve. You need to consult a neurologist/neurosurgeon for further advice.