Getting red lump on labia minora. Painful if pressed or squeezed. What could be this?

Hi - From time to time I get a lump WITHIN my labia minora . Sometimes it is on the left and sometimes on the right. Sometimes it is higher up, sometimes lower down, so it isn t always in the same spot. It is painful if pressed on or squeezed and appears to be redder that the skin around it. There are no white heads that I can see. I only get one at a time (at least so far) and they will eventually go away on their own. I am 41 and have had them off and on for the last few years. Do you have any ideas what these might be?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012