Getting pink spotting after a heavy bleeding. Had unprotected sex. What could it mean?

I started my period Wednesday. Bled heavy with clots and a lot of pain, then two days later my period stopped. Since then I am having off and on pink to light red mucosy discharge instead. I am married and 5 days before ovulation I did have unprotected intercourse with my husband. My period has never been like this. What could it mean?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Feb 2013
welcome to healthcare magic
i would suggest that get a pregnancy test done to be sure that you are not pregnant.
you also need to rule out ectopic pregnancy as well
if above are negative then you need to be investigated for dysfunctional uterine bleeding causes like taking family planning pills, thyroid problem, ovarian problems etc.
would suggest you visit a gynecologist for review if pregnancy test turns out to be negative
hope to have answered your query