Frequent tonsillitis, throat infections. Reddish lumps in the throat. Taking penicillin. Need to see the doctor?

I am a 26 yr old female who has had tonsillitis about the 4th time this year. I only started to get tonsillitis when my son was born and started getting throat infections (he is on the waiting list to have his tonsils out). I have tonsillitis now and took penicillin yesterday morning (tuesday) after symptoms started on Monday. My throat is not much better and infact there are now new red lumps on either side of my uvula . How long until this starts working and should I be referred to ENT?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012