Found pregnant. USG suggested. Is this feasible to go through USG in second month of pregnancy?

hello... I am a 29 yrs old lady and my pregnancy is detected this month. I visited a gynecologist last week, he suggested for USG withing two month of my pregnancy, here my question is... Is this feasible to go through USG within second month of my pregnancy? Wouldn t it be harmful for the baby? Please guide me. Thanks Ria
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012
Thanks for your query,

Ultrasonic waves are type of sound waves which are completely safe for mother as well as baby. No harmful effects has been seen till now. You should undergo ultrasound with out any fear. It gives lots of information at this stage which is really needed.

Best of luck and take care..
Hope it helps you.