Formication problem, itching can be anywhere. Had hysterectomy, have menopause. Tried various medications. Any advice ?

I suffer with formication, the itching can be anywhere on my body including under my feet, palms of my hands, under my armpits, back, arms, legs etc. just everywhere. Onset is mainly towards evening and when I scratch one area it seems to start somewhere else. I have been taking phenergen to relieve the symptons, which take quite a while to work. Sometimes one isn t enough and I have to take a second one, which ofcourse knocks me out. Not that getting a good sleep is a problem because I haven t been able to sleep most nights. I am 53 and had a complete hysterectomy 20 years ago. I know that all of the problems I have had have to do with menopause but the itching is driving me completely insane. Also perspiration has become an overwhelming problem, I barely have to do anything and I become drenched. I am currently taking medications for depression, high blood pressure, HRT , pain killers (for chronic pain ), thyroid meds, nexium. Is there anything I can do or take to give me some relief please?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013