Foot pain, swelling near ankle joint, no leg injury, recurring pain. Treatment options?

My wife aged 34y, weight 76kgs, not diabetic is complaining about a foot pain for the last six months. The area where the pain is occurring is showing some swelling near upper ankle joint . The pain is reoccurring every week slowing increasing. We met an ortho who suggested some pain killers last month but the pain is coming back again and again. She never injured her leg due to fall or any other accident. What could be reason for this and how to treat this pain permanently? Please suggest a good doctor in XXXXXX city.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013