Food poisoning. Had sweat, severe vomiting, diarrhea. Body pain, tight chest, low grade fever. Treatment?

Hello - I believe I suffered food poisoning over 24 hours ago. My symptoms were sweats, severe vomiting and diarreah . I have been resting as much as possible but now I have body aches and a tight chest that are making it difficult to get comfortable. I have not gotten sick for a few hours, but have had a low grade fever and again the chest tightness is almost unbearable. Thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
This is standard gastroenterocolitis, probably viral or as a part of food poisoning. Also it can be respiratory viral infections which usually goes with whole body aches. There is no specific treatment,but lot of fluids intake and easier dietarry. YOu can also reduce fever if more than 38C with some antiinflammatory drugs. If symptoms persst more than 2-3 days it might be bacterial infection so antibiotic treatment might be neccessary. But go step by step, first try to rest and contorl hydration for next 2 days. nothing serious can happen. WIsh you good health.