Fluttery bubble feeling on the lower legs. Stopped taking cholesterol lowering drugs. Would that be the reason?

I have fluttery-bubble feelings in my lower legs. I am a 52-year old female and in very good health. I work out and weigh about 125. I have recently been on cholesterol-lowering drugs that I quit taking and am trying to control my cholesterol with diet and exercise. The statins in the cholesterol-lowering drugs did bother my legs. Could the statins still be affecting my legs even though I quit taking them about 3 months ago? I do not smoke or drink.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013