Floating rib pain, joint pains. Test results normal. Prescribed vicodine, ibuprofen. Suggestion?

I am currenlty having floating rib pain on my left side. I have been dealing with this for years but it has never been this bad. I am 18 years old 128 lbs and have joint problems as well but never been to the doctor or hospital for my rib until last Wednesday Feb 13, 201. The ER doctor drew blood to look for a possible blood cloat in my lung did and EKG and took x rays, but didn t find anything. They prescribed vicodine and ibprofen for pain and sweeling.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013