Fibromyalgia, have fatigue, breathing problem, yellow sputum in cough post pneumonia treatment, X-ray showed COPD. Worrisome?

Hi, I m 48 and was diagnosed with pneumonia 5 weeks ago. I have been on 3 courses of 10 day strong anitbiotics and prednisone . I have also had fibromyalgia for 12 years. I am still extremely fatigued, somewhat short of breath and coughing occassionally with yellow sputnum. My blood pressure has been 140/117 on my past few visits. I have not started taking it daily. A new family doctor I saw on Monday now insists that I have COPD and has started me on spiriva . I have smoked on and off for 20+ years. I had a second xray two days ago and was told the pneumonia is now gone and also the nodule shown on my first xray is gone. But this xray shows copd. I am to be seen again in 3 weeks for lung function test and another xray. How concerned should I be on all of the above? Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012