Treatment for breathing difficulty

I take the nebulizer brovana how many nebulizers can I take also took mucinex with not much relief
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Nubulizers with mucinex are safe Detailed Answer: Hi.Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX Brovana dilates your respiratory tree and gives adequate relief from difficulty in breathing.I would add Spiriva (Tiotropium Bromide) inhalation 2-4 times a day if there is no adequate symptom relief.Both can be taken by nebulization. Mucinex(oral medication) is an expectorant which relives congestion especially when you have cough with sputum(phlegm). All three can be taken safely and do not have any interaction. Hope this answers your query.
Follow-up: Treatment for breathing difficulty 18 minutes later
I took albuterol in the neb just now with no relief how many can I take before I should head to er which I'm trying to avoid
Answered by Dr. Praveen 3 hours later
Brief Answer: I strongly advice you to visit ER Detailed Answer: Thanks for writing back. I strongly feel that you need to be frequently monitored(for saturation, heart rate etc).One single bronchodilator doesn't help to relieve your distress even at the highest dose.It has to managed by others like anticholinergics, oxygen, antibiotics etc.So Donot hesitate or delay your visit so that it might not exacerbate further. Thanks