Fibromatosis in the arch of left foot. Is it tumour and does it require removal?

I believe Ihave plantar fibromatosis in the arch of my left foot . I dohave an appt with a podiatrist this monday, but have been reading up on these tumors. from what I have read, it is stated that in order to keep these fibromas from coming back you have to have not just the tumor removed but also the plantar fasciia as well. If that is done, how will this affect my ability to walk and will I be what would be considered disabled perhaps need assistance walking with a cane?
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012