Fell on left knee, swollen and feels warm, unable to walk. Had cruciate ligament repaired. Can the kneecap be damaged?

I fell hard on my left knee on our stone floor a week ago. The knee is slightly swollen and feels warm to the touch. I am able to walk and bend the knee ok although it is painful climbing stairs putting my full weight on it. I am not overweight . I am 65 years old. In 1990 I had my cruciate ligament repaired in this knee and I am concerned I have done some damage to the kneecap or done some other damage to the repair.
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012