Fell from skateboard, road rash on calf, cleaned with aloe vera, antibac ointment, daily cleansing with soap and saline solution, neosporin, band aid, brown mucus

Good evening. My son fell on his skateboard and now has some pretty bad road rash on his calf . He was at a friends house and the mother cleansed it with products I am unaware of, they were all in spanish, one looked to be aloe vera and another was antibac ointment. Since then along with soap in his daily shower I have been cleansing it with saline solution, Neosporin and wrapping it with either a band aid or the non stick gauze . Whenever I change the dressing it looks gooey and what looks like a brown mucus is on the band aid or gauze we are on day two. Is this normal and am I treating it properly? Thank you Shannah
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012