Fatigue, low appetite, BP under control, on BP medicines. What can be done to minimize side effects of the drugs?

I am 85. Have been fit for most of my life. I recently suffered from spondylisis from which I have recovered. During this recovery process, my BP shot up to 190/110. Doctors prescribed AMLOVAS (5mg) and CILACAR(5 mg). The BP is in control but the side effects have made me bedridden. I feel fatigued all the time and have no apetite. Is this normal ? Is there some way of minimizing the side effects of these drugs ?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012