Fall on the lower back, have persistent numbness in hands, feet and buttocks, weakness, dizziness. Any ideas?

I fell off a ladder and landed on it on my lower back. I was unable to move without extreme pain for about a week. i went to the hospital and got x-rays which revealed nothing broken. It has been 2 weeks since the fall and within the last couple days i have developed numbness in my right hand and both feet . I also have extreme weakness in both legs and some dizziness (although i may currently have a head cold ). Further, the lower back no longer hurts, but there is pain in the middle of my back now. Also there is numbness in my upper buttocks . When i am in the shower and let hot water run on my back I feel pin pricks in my feet like they are trying to wake up. Please let me know your thoughts.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012