Fall, injured back, ribs, unable to sleep on that side. Treatment options?

I fell 3 days ago going up a small flight of 3 steps. Although I thought I landed pretty much straight I did feel immediate pain in my left side more near my back, just under where the lowest part of my bra is. It is constant but bearable except I can t sleep on that side or on my back. Even a small amount of pressure to the area with my hand hurts it more. I am a 57 year old female. I had bruses on my thigh and lower leg but no bruises where it hurts. The soreness is not getting better and vacuuming today made it worse.
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012