Fainted when getting out of bed, stress test normal. Where do I go from here?

I m a 68 year old man with a RHR of 42-44. I am only modestly active in sports and never worked out or trained. I ve also had events of tachycardia with a rate of 165 to 170. I fainted the other day when getting out of bed in the morning. My stress test, carotid dopler and 24 hour monitor were normal. Where do I go from here?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The description is highly suggestive of Sick Sinus Syndrome or Postural hypotension.

You may have to repeat the monitoring of the rhythm - for 24 to 48 hours.
You may have to do 24-hour monitoring of blood pressure also.

Do not jump out of the bed - sit in bed a few seconds / stand by the bed a few seconds / then start to walk. To look at the sides - turn the whole body and not the neck alone! / and that slowly...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck