Fainted and fell. Have red bruise with pain. Could it be a fracture?

I fainted last night and fell on the side of my bathtub. Hit left flank area, redish splotchy bruise with yellowing around injured area and significant pain associated with sitting up, standing walking; reduced pain lying down. The bruise does not appear to be spreading and is not blue/purple (yet). Because of the amount of pain involved in standing (the pain is not localized to the area of injury, but shifts to a different stiff kind of severe pain that is felt across the back), I am fearing a fracture . Does this sound like a bad bruise or possibly something broken?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013