Facing heavy periods. Ultrasound showed presence of myoma. Is it safe to take regesterone?

I m Kakali Bagchi,42 yrs. old,I hv a 16yrs.old daughter of normal delivery,6/2/96. For 6 months I m facing heavy period uncontrollable by napkins. Under observation with Dr,I hv done with USG- Pelvis it shows: 1.Uterous bulky & measures LS 12.9 cm,TS 9.6 cm,AP 8 cm Myoma present sized 6.5cm X 6cm Ovaries normal (RO 2.7 cm X 1.3 cm X 1.5cn Dr.prescribed me with Iron tablets & Pause MF ,which in previous period worked-this time failed. Another hormone medicine -Regesterone is prescribed,but it is for 1-2 tablets for 20 days-but whether Regesterone has to be taken for the next period of Menstruation and in continuous-is it safe? if Myoma is operational without surgery? I have gone through 1 MRI-HIFU in Apollo,but is it available in Kolkata-is it very costly or what would be its cost of MRI-HIFU( ultrasound surgery)? Kakali Bagchi,India(Kolkata)
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012