Facial hair has become patchy. Why has the growth become so prominent?

Hi. My facial hair has become patchy over the last 6 months, especially on my upper lip where it only grows in the middle (like charlie chaplin!) it s embarrassing now and I m even bringing a razor to work with me as after a few hours the growth is prominent and people have commented that it ,ooks like a hitler moustache etc. What could the cause of this be? I m 43 and had a full, normal facial hair growth prior to this happening?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012