Extreme menopausal issues, insomnia, mood swings, have not had periods for years. Can I use loestrin tabs for few days?

I am experiencing extreme menopausal problems, insomnia nightly, and mood swings. I had a very bad night. I have Loestrin 21. Fe1.5/30 that I have had for a few years. I would like to go on estradiol patch. However, I cannot get to a doctor for several days, and am wondering if it would be fairly safe to just use the Loestrin tabs for a few days to get SOME estrogen! I am really desperate for relief. I am 52 and have not had a period for 1.75 years.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013