Experiencing swollen lymph node on neck, under jaw, painful, night sweats. Taken Z-pack. What is the cause?

I have been experiencing painful swollen lymph nodes, located in the right side of my neck, just under the jaw line. In addition to the swollen nodes, I have been experiencing pain when I swallow, jaw pain, and ear irritation. I have seen a doctor and received antibiotics (Z- pack). I am now on day 4 of the dosage, the symptoms I have been having are not alleviating in the slightest. Subsequently, the symptoms, I am experiencing, seem to be worsening. I am beginning to have difficulty when opening my mouth wide to eat and am having excessive night sweats. What could be the cause of these symptoms, which I am experiencing. Thank you for your time and consideration, Gretchen
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013