Experiencing bleeding. Had colposcopy and cervical biopsy. Filling up regular size tampon in 2 hours. Normal? Visit doctor?

I had a colposcopy and a cervical biopsy done on Friday March 29th. I experienced some bleeding and decided to take my Nuva ring out a week early due to the bleeding. I started my period yesterday and it's been heavier than it usually is. I tried wearing pads, but put a tampon in last night. I'm totally filling up a regular size tampon in 2 hours, where usually I wear one for 4 hours. Is this normal or should I call my doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013