Excessive intestinal flatulence. Tried probiotics, medicines. Previous endoscopy showed stomach erosion. Suggestions?

I experience excessive intestinal flatulence daily. I start the day with no gas and as the day progresses so does the gas. There is no pain with the gas and usually no odor. Certain foods such as nuts will produce an odor. I eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables but I am not a vegetarian and eat meats and fish and/or cheese 3 times a day. I have tried eliminating various foods and nothing seems to make a difference. This has been going on for about 6 years. I have tried courses of different probiotics and prilosec ... again not much difference. I associate this with about the time I had my first colonoscopy at age 61. An endoscopy showed stomach erosion and the recommendation was the Prilosec which I do not care to take on an extended basis.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013