Esophagus cancer, chemo done, tumor is protruding to the upper most part of the stomach. Advice?

my father has stage 4 esophagus cancer he has had a year of chemo and today they stented the tumor area and took another biopsy. The tumor is protruding into the upper most part of the stomach stightly, but everything else looks good the dr said. I am just wanting to know what the chances of his survival with this cancer now protruding in the stomach area? what other steps other then the chemo should be done. They have done a wonderful job so far but cancer is just one of those things to me that Is treatable but is it curable?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013