Epileptic. On Dilantin. Having high levels of liver parameters. On good diet, exercise. Reason?

I am 48 years old, female and healthy. I am epileptic and take 200 mg of Dilantin daily. I am active - I live at an altitude 9000 ft & I run a couple miles 2-4 times a week. I work long hours (desk job). I try to eat organic whenever possible, and I eat what I believe is a well-balanced diet of fruits & veggies. And I do not drink alcohol. In the last 6 months I applied for life insurance & was turned down - they sent me the results of my blood tests - a couple of results stood out to me - Alkaline Phosphatase = 139; GGT = 343; AST 30. What little I ve read on this I understand these particular tests are for my liver function. My neurologist does not think it has anything to do w/ my Dilantin, however I ve been taking this drug since I was 15 years old and it s the only thing I can think of that would cause these wacky high numbers. I had another follow-up ALP & GGT test run just 2 days ago but have not received back the results. I ve changed my diet to include beets and a liver supplement called Livaplex, so I hope this helps. But do you have any additional thoughts? Thank you, Kim
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013