Enlarged optic nerve, floaters in eye leading to blurred vision, prescribed reading glasses. Is scan required?

Hi, I was told the optic nerve is enlarged in my left eye. I saw a specialist a year ago who said everything looked fine. I have just had my eyes tested again and was told optic nerve still enlarged. I am a female in my late forties. I am still waiting for a referral to see an eye specialist. I do have a lot of black floaters which blur my vision when reading. I have just been prescribed reading glasses. I want to know what the problem is likely to be. I do have a sister with ms. Should I have a scan or would this not be necessary. I don t seem to be getting anywhere.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012