Ears pierced, repeated infections, red lobes, lumps of pus. Cleaned with salt and warm water. Treatment?

i have a six year old child who had her ears pierced at xmas. she has had recurrent piercing infections, different ears at different times. Today her left ear became infected again, I noted a very red lobe and a lump of pus/ discharge at the rear of the piercing. I removed the piercing and pushed out the pus and blood with salt and warm water and replaced the earring (9ct gold) after soaking it also in the salty water. I am worried and unsure what to do, this would be about the 7th infection today. I have tried silver, surgical steel and now 9ct gold.
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012