Early pregnancy, had spotting after intercourse, prescribed endogest. Should intercourse be avoided during pregnancy?

I am 33 years old and is 10 weeks pregnant. After intercourse in the morning, a small clot of blood came and I consult my doctor and doctor suggested me to take endogest 200 twice a day to put up in my vagina for one month and if no blood came in future, then leave the endogest. Kindly tell me whether it is normal during pregnancy. Also let me know should i intercourse during whole pregnancy and what are precautions should i take. thanks
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012