Early periods with cramps, heavy bleeding. What might be the problem ?

Hi, I m 35 and have had regular periods all my life. days 1&2 painful and quite heavy, 3 regular, 4&5 next to nothing. This month, my period came about 6 days early. The flow seemed to be following the same pattern, but on day 5 my cramps came back and a had, what I think is referred to as flooding . By the time I got to the bathroom my jeans were soaked! The blood was bright red. I passed a large bloodclot, about half the size of my palm. After this, the bleeding clamed down dramatically. This was last Friday, (1st). I am still bleeding, not heavy, it varies from a light flow to spotting and the blood varies from bright blood to dark blood. I still have dull aches in my lowe back. The chances that I was pregenant are vey slim, but it could still hav been a possibility, although it has only been 19 days between my period. Do you have any ideas what might be problem? Many thanks, AAAAA
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013