Ear problems, deafness in one ear due to infections, tinnitus, pressure, aid in other ear, hyperaccusis, advised labrynthectomy. Suggestion?

I have been having ear problems for over 3 years now; I m totally deaf in one ear following a lot of infections; a tympanotomy was perfomed, but things just got worse. In spite of having absolutely no hearing in this ear it gives me a lot of trouble, raging tinnitus 24/7 and a lot of pressure. The other ear has reduced hearing and I have an aid in that ear. I also suffer from hyperaccusis which makes noisy situations very difficult to handle and in noisy places the pressure in the dead ear is increased. My consultant has mentioned performing a labrynthectomy but having read about it, it seems that it is for sufferers of Meunieres which I do not have. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thankyou.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012