Dry skin, rashes with bumps, cream, steroids taken. Wife developing same symptoms. Treatment required?

I have been on the road staying in hotels for the last few months. I am from the South East and have been working on the west coast. I do have dry skin however I now have a rash with small bumps that I have had for over a month. I have been to a dermatologist and was given a cream and steriod . I am home for the holidays and now it seems that it is getting bad again, and now my wife seems to be getting the same symtoms. HELP
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012