Dry cough, green phlegm, headache, stiff neck. What is the problem?

I started with a tickly throat cough 3 days ago which turned into a dry chesty cough. I had no sinus problems it was all on my chest. I have been coughing up green phlem and my cough has lessened. I have had no problems sleeping. My sinus blocked a day ago on the left side (I occaisionally suffer from congestion & sinus headache that I would take a sinus/headache pressure sudafed tablets for which clears it) and now I am blowing green mucus from my nose. My headache is all over the front and top of my head. What is worrying me is that my neck is stiff and sore the muscles at the back although I can touch my chest with my chin ok. It is a strain to turn side to side. I have never had this before especially the variance of symptoms in such a few days. I usually recover very quickly if I get a cold or flu . My chest is lot better and I occaisionally cough up and green phlem that seems to be clearing. I started taking meds of chesty cough mixture for 2 days and now switched to lemsip due to the sinus problem.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012