Done urinalysis, nodules in thyroid lobe noted, cysts noted, heterogenous parenchyma. Meaning?

May I ask what my mother's ultrasound result mean? Here it is...
The right thyroid lobe measures 4.4 x 1.1 x 1.1 cm while the left thyroid lobe measures 4.5 x 2.8 x 2.3 cm.. Both lobes exhibit heterogenous echo pattern.

In the right thyroid lobe, at least four nodules are noted. 2 are seen in the upper pole measuring 0.5 x 0.4 x 0.4 cm (complex), and 0.2 cm ( cyst) while the other two are evident in the mid and lower poles measuring 0.3 x 0.2 x 0.2 cm (complex) and 0.4 x 0.4 x 0.3 cm ( cyst with calcification) respectively.

In the left lobe, there are six nodules appreciated seen in the ff locations:

Upper to mid polar: one cyst with calcification measuring 2.3 x 2.1 x 2.0 cm
Interpolar region: two nodules measuring 0.6x0.4x0.2 cm ( solid) and 0.4x0.4x0.3 (complex)
Lower pole: three nodules measuring 0.6 x 0.6 x 0.5 ( solid), 0.7 x 0.7 x 0.4 cm (cystic with calcification), and 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.3 cm ( complex)

The isthmus is unremarkable.

Impression: normal-sized thyroid gland with heterogenous parenchyma and multiple nodules.

Thanks in advance. Appreciate your response.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013