Does high ESR affect periods ?

Got my CBP (complete blood picture)tested my ESRreading is 77 what does it indicate?? am getting my periods.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Jun 2011
welcome to HealthcareMagic
ESR indicates that there is some sort of infection or inflammation going inside your body.So ESR can be high in case of infections;fevers;anaemia;tuberculosis.The ESR of 77 is surely high and you need to find the reason why.Anaemia;tuberculosis are main reasons for such increased ESR so for better diagnosis consult a doctor with full report and if required get investigated further.As for periods it does not have any relation with ESR directly.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
High ESR has many causes. Some of them include Anaemia, Infections, Autoimmune disorders, Connective tissue disorders. Please specify uour Haemoglobin value and blood counts also. Have you lost weight. Any change in bowel and bladder habits. Any joint pains.
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
HIGH ESR does not affect Periods, it stands for erythrocyte sedimentation rate. It is a test that measures how much inflammation is present in the body. HIGH ESR suggests, either Anemia, Tuberculosis, Pregnancy, Arthritis, Thyroid Disease. Get yourself examined by a Gynecologist so that she may examine you thoroughly and rule out the exact cause.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.
  Anonymous's Response
Thank u all for ur reply

My haemoglobin is 10.8,total RBC 3.7 MILL/ and the differential counts:
Band forms:03%
I haven't lost any weight but weight is continuously increasing and i have swelling in my feet too.Got myself tested for thyroid but the reports are normal...Do i get myself rechecked for thyroid?? n i m facing problem in my periods too....Got myself tested for pregnancy too the test is negative.
  Anonymous's Response
wot abt thyroid???? why m i goin fat?