Does blood group difference among couples cause abortions ?

Can difference in blood groups between a couple cause abortion during prenancy
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jul 2011
The difference in blood groups wont cause miscarriage but sometimes if the female is Rh negative and male Rh positive,its can happen.
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
The differences in blood groups of couple can cause clotting problem during pregnancy and so hydrops fetus , which lead s to abortion.
If the woman is Rh negative and the man is Rh positive , there are possibilities of a reaction and so the fetus gets affected.This can cause abortion.
But this need not be a deciding factor in choosing your partner.there are treatment options effective in controlling this type of abortions.
Hope I answered your question.If you need more information feel free to mail me.