Dizzy spells while changing from sitting, laying position to standing. What could be the reason?

Im a 16 year old female and have never had any kind of medical problems. I am having sex, but im on the pill and know im not pregnant because im having regular periods...but for some reason I keep having horrible dizzy spells when I go from sitting or laying down, to standing. I have tried standing slower or even just sitting Indian style on the floor but nothing helps. Why am I being tormented by this dizzyness?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012