Dizziness, elevated pulse, pulsing sensation in throat. Taking ace-inhibitor for BP. Causes for symptoms?

The other evening, after a spell of feeling drowsy, I was at work at my desk, feeling no particular stress or pressure, when my pulse was suddenly elevated and stayed elevated for about 15 minutes, with a strong sensation, somewaht painful, of throbbing in the throat. I had no other symptoms--no dizziness , no mental confusion , no chest pains. I am 68 and never before experienced such an incident. I am generally in good health, I exercise every day, and my only med is an ace-inhibitor for BP. I drink two glasses of wine at dinner.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012