Dislocated ankle, fixed with screws and plates. Recovery time?

Dislocated , broke my ankle in two places and had a plate and screws put in to fix the breaks. This is the right leg. Dr also opened me up on the left side I am assuming to fix the damage I did from the dislocation. Been out of a cast now since just before thanksgiving. Had a infected incision that set me back that was on the left side. How long does it take for ligaments and tendons to heal ? I am trying to work back into the walking boot . I wore the boot one hour without crutches and over did it . I can feel on the left side which I can only explain is like maybe rubber bands even down to my arch. There is no pain. Not much swelling if any . How do I get this left side going quicker. This whole process has been three months now . In a cast for six weeks out of that.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013