Difficulty in sleeping. Prescribed amitriptyline, off paxil for panic attack after years. Advice?

Yes...I am a 75 year old female who had a really bad sleep problem. I would go days without sleep..or just a few hours sleep. My doctor gave me the amitriptyline to help solve it. I started off with 10 mg and worked my way up to 50 mg. til I could get any sleep. I still lay awake for maybe an hour or more til I finally go to sleep. I sleep good and All through the night but am concerned that the side affects could dig up other problems that are not good. I had been on Paxil for years for panic attack but my doctor took me off of it. She said that the medication would help my panic attacks too. Are there any risks I should consider?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Oct 2013