Difficulty in lying down and walking. Had pericarditis with pleural effusion.

I have had pericarditis with pleural effusion twice in the past year and now I am having symptoms again. I was not sick before my first diagnosis, second or now this one. My cardiologist is extremely busy and doesn t seem concerned with figuring out why this keeps happening (perhaps it isn t life threatening enough for her). It is a huge issue for me since I can t sleep lying down or walk across a room without almost falling down. Is there something I am doing wrong? How can I kick this for good? I am a 44yo female in fairly good shape and was in excellent health before the first episode.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012