Difficulty in breathing and heart beating faster and harder than normal

Difficulty in breathing and heart beating faster and harder than normal? I have been having trouble breathing of late. Its like my heart beats fast and so hard. I used to experience it sometime ago like a few months ago but these days its becoming more frequent and intense. Went for a pregnancy test and it came out negative. I haven t gone to my GP yet because I would like to believe its not that serious, silly I know but just in case its something small and manageable like stress which I have been experiencing lately. What could possibly be the problem
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009