Diarrhea, nausea, soft stools, bright red stringy substance in stools. Causes and treatment?

Felt sick two days ago, had some diarrhea . Felt better after it passed. Today, nausea came back, had soft stool, not liquid. Noticed some bright red string in it, resembled a thin vein , or small branch. They didn t look like worms , nor did they move. Largest piece was 3-4 inches long, ~1-2mm in diameter. Seemed to meet in a cluster, but that was deep inside a big piece of poop, so I m not sure. A few smaller pieces in other stools.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012