Diagnosis of anxiety in children

How to diagnose anxiety among children and what are the possible states involved in diagnosing the disease. Can I get the anxiety data and how?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jun 2010
Can I get anxiety data for children. Is there any special website available for getting this data. Please reply me
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Anxiety can be present normally in various situations in human beings. It is very commonly seen in children too. But anxiety disorders are characterised by presence of anxiety even in normal circumstances and is not accountable to any cause. It is advisable for you to take your child to a psychiatrist who would be in a better position to diagnose it and take further action in case of your child. Wish your child good health.
OBGYN Dr. Nilima Ghosh Hajra's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
first of all get a consultation with paediatrician and a check up and if the doctor thinks that your child needs psychiatric consultation. follow the advice
simple counselling may take care of child's anxiety
parents will be the fist to find out the cause of anxiety in children and taking care with love and understanding the child's problem will be of great help