Diagnosed with multiple myleoma. Taken thalix, steroid, ecospirin. Chances of relapse?

my wife was diagonised with multiple myleoma two years ago and she was given ten radiations for the lesion onthe backbone and then was advised to take thalix 200mg along with steroid and ecosprin tablets. She took them for more than 2 years and when we consulted the oncologist at adyar institute chennai, he adivised to take a test for the presence of m protein . The result was positive and she was adivised to stop taking thalix along with other tablets . Now, the doctor has advised her to come for regular checkup every 4months. Is there any chance for relapse?.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013