Diagnosed with minimally invasive follicular carcinoma. Advised to take RAI treatment. Suggest?

Hi Doc, My wife has been advised RAI treatment on 4th March 203 (Radio active iodine therapy I-131) post her total thyroidectomy conducted on 18th Feb 2013. Diagnosis was minimally invasive follicular carcinoma . Would like to know the precautions and side effects on the RAI treatment. Also would like to know the approximate cost of thyrogen injection ( 2 doses) on 1st and 2nd day respectively before the RAI treatment start date. Regards Kiron
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013