Diagnosed with hand, foot, mouth disease, mouth burning, red spots in throat, cheeks. What to do?

I have been diagnoised with hand , foot and mouth disease on Feb. 15 at which time I had the symptoms for at least a week. The symptoms went away by Wednesday, Feb. 20. Today I have these symptoms starting again. My symptoms were mouth burning and red spots in my throat and cheeks. I never had any spots on my hands or feet . Wondering if this is the same virus that flared up again? I understand you usually don t get it back once you ve had it. FYI, I m a 56 year old female. I did find a few people on the internet that said they had kept getting this back every so many months. They never said if it went away though. Also, I believe I received it from my husband who also has the same symptoms and he said his is flaring up again too. He s had his for 4+ weeks, and I ve had mine for 3 weeks. What to do?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013